The VRC Tipping Point Playground within VEXcode VR is a virtual version of the 2021-2022 VEX Robotics Competition (VRC) Tipping Point. It uses a virtual version of the VRC Hero Bot, Moby, with added sensors for autonomous coding in VEXcode VR.
To get started, learn about the ways to score points using the VRC Tipping Point lessons. Then for added challenges, learn more about Moby and other details about the Field so you can strategize and get a high score.
Learn about Ways to Score in Tipping Point
Excited to play VRC Tipping Point, but unsure where to start? We’re here to help you learn about VEXcode VR and the game, with the VRC Tipping Point lessons.
- Learn about using VEXcode VR, Tipping Point, and the Playground Window, so you can get started with a project. Click here to view this Lesson.
- Learn how to lift a Mobile Goal with the Forks, and drive it to score in the Alliance Home Zone. Click here to view this Lesson.
- Learn how to drive Moby, the 2021-22 season's Hero Bot, with Drivetrain commands to place pre-loaded Rings in the base of a Mobile Goal. Click here to view this Lesson.
- Learn how to use the Forks on Moby to pick up and place a Ring in a Mobile Goal. Click here to view this Lesson.
- Learn how to score additional points by coding Moby to balance on the Balance Platform! Click here to view this Lesson.
- Learn how to use the GPS Sensor to help you navigate the Field so you can score more points. Click here to view this Lesson.
Get Familiar with Tipping Point in VEXcode VR
Ready to apply your coding skills and VEXcode VR knowledge to play Tipping Point? We have resources to help you get acclimated to the VEXcode VR experience, so you can get started practicing and competing!
- Get familiar with the Playground Window in VEXcode VR and its features, like starting locations and camera angles, so you can strategize your game play. Learn about Using the Virtual Skills Window in this article.
- Note that starting locations change with each year's game, so you may have different options than shown in the article images.
- Check out Moby, and all of its motors, sensors, and features, so you can code the robot to score in different ways. Learn more about the robot’s features in this article.
- Curious about the dimensions and features of the VRC Field? Learn more about the VRC Field in this article, so you can get started planning your project.
Looking for more?
Need help using headings, so you can plan and build projects more efficiently? Check out these tips for using headings to help you turn Moby with precision.
Looking for more coding tips and tricks to score more points in VRC Tipping Point in VEXcode VR? Click here to view coding tips for VRC Tipping Point.
Want to learn how to score in Tipping Point and see examples in action? The VRC Tipping Point Lessons have projects for scoring a preloaded Ring, picking up Rings on the Field, scoring Mobile Goals, and even using the Balance Platform to score additional points! Click here to view the VRC Tipping Point Lessons.
Want to learn more advanced coding to help you beat your high score? VEXcode is used with all VEX Robotics platforms. Check out the Computer Science Level 1 - Blocks course and learn more about coding with VEXcode!