You can identify the Brain’s status by looking at the icon.
|Brain Icon Color
|No connection - The Brain is not connected to the computer properly or is not powered on.
|Connected but the Brain's firmware is not up-to-date.
|Connected with up-to-date firmware and ready for a download.
White Brain Icon
There is no Brain connected.
- Make sure the Brain is properly wired to your computer and powered on.
- Check that the USB cable is working properly.
- Make sure the Battery is charged.
Orange Brain Icon (2nd gen)
If you are using VEX IQ (2nd generation), you can update the Firmware by selecting Update in the dialogue box.
Orange Brain Icon (1st gen)
If you are using VEX IQ (1st gen), you will need to update the Brain using the VEXos Firmware Utility.
- Use the link provided in VEXcode IQ to download the utility or see this article for help in downloading the utility and updating the firmware for IQ (1st gen).
Green Brain Icon
You are ready to download your project.
- For help in downloading a project to your robot, see this article.