Using VEX IQ (1st generation)? See this article.
You will need a charged battery before a project can be run on the VEX IQ Brain. This article will cover:
- Charging the VEX IQ (2nd gen) Battery
- Checking VEX IQ (2nd gen) Battery Level
- VEX IQ Battery Life Best Practices
Charging the VEX IQ (2nd gen) Battery
Have the following ready to charge the Robot Battery:
- VEX IQ (2nd gen) Battery
- USB-C charging cord
View this animation to see how to charge your Battery using the USB-C cord.
- The USB-C cord must be plugged into a power source in order to charge the Battery.
NOTE: The Battery's indicator lights will flash while it is charging.
Checking the VEX IQ (2nd gen) Battery Level
You can check the Battery level with a connected VEX IQ (2nd gen) Brain, or on the Battery itself, using the indicator lights.
View this animation to see how to check the Battery level with the VEX IQ (2nd gen) Brain.
View this animation to see how to check the Battery level using the Battery's indicator lights.
- 1 light = 0-25% charge
- 2 lights = 25-50% charge
- 3 lights = 50-75% charge
- 4 lights = 75-100% charge
VEX IQ Battery Life Best Practices
Use the following helpful tips to keep your VEX IQ Batteries ready for use at all times.
- Charge the IQ Brain battery whenever time allows.
- Have the Brain Battery charge whenever it is not being used.
- Keep all backup batteries fully charged and ready before storing them so that they can be used as soon as they are needed.
- Disconnect the IQ Brain Battery whenever not in use.
- Squeeze the latch at the end of the Robot Battery and push it out of the Brain slightly if not in use but charging is unnecessary.