The Battery provides power for all Motors, Sensors, and the Brain to work.
The following article will cover:
- Charging the Battery
- Indicator Lights on the Battery
- Connecting the Battery
- Battery Life
Charging the Battery
To charge the Battery, connect the Battery to a power source using the USB-C cable provided in the VEX GO Kit.
Note: every VEX GO Kit comes with a USB-C charging cable, but only the VEX GO Classroom Bundle comes with an AC Adapter.
Indicator Lights on the Battery
There are two lights on the side of the Battery to indicate the status of the Battery.
Pressing the button next to the lights on the Battery will indicate the current status.
- Two green lights indicate the Battery is fully charged (75-100%).
- One green light indicates the Battery is partly charged (25-75%).
- One red light indicates the Battery has a low charge (0-25%).
When the Battery is actively charging:
- Two green lights indicate the Battery is fully charged.
- One red light indicates the Battery is actively charging.
Connecting the Battery
The Battery can be connected to the Brain or a Switch to power Motors and Sensors.
To connect the Battery to the Brain, view the Using the VEX GO Brain article.
To connect the Battery to a Switch, locate the orange Battery Port on the Switch.
Connect the Battery to the Switch by inserting the orange Battery Cable into the orange Battery Port on the Switch.
Ensure that the orange Battery Cable is fully inserted into the orange Battery Port on the Switch. A ‘click’ sound will ensure that the cable is seated fully into the port.
The Battery takes approximately 1-2 hours to fully charge.
The Battery is designed to last approximately one school day.