This article is not viewable in your language. Please check back at a future date.
This article's translation was completed by machine translation. Please forgive any possible errors.
Using VEX IQ (2nd generation)? See this article.
You will need a charged battery before a project can be run on the VEX IQ Brain.
Charge the VEX IQ Brain Battery
- Have the following ready to charge the Robot Battery:
- VEX IQ Robot Battery
- VEX IQ Robot Battery Charger
- VEX IQ Battery Charger Power Cord
- Connect the Robot Battery Charger.
- Connect the Battery Charger Power Cord to the Robot Battery Charger.
- Plug the Battery Charger Power Cord into a power source.
NOTE: The Robot Battery Charger’s indicator light will be green when properly plugged in and awaiting a Robot Battery.
- Slide the Robot Battery into the Charger.
- Carefully slide the Robot Battery into the Robot Battery Charger’s cradle so that the metal connectors in the cradle line up with the metal connectors on the Robot Battery’s one side.
NOTE: More information is available in the chart below about the Robot Battery Charger’s indicator lights:
|Solid Green||Robot Battery is Charged or not inserted.|
|Blinking Green||Over Temperature Fault.|
|Blinking Red||Robot Battery Fault.|
VEX IQ Battery Life Best Practices
Charge the IQ Brain battery whenever time allows.
- Have the Brain Battery charge whenever it is not being used.
- Keep all backup batteries fully charged and ready before storing them so that they can be used as soon as they are needed.
Disconnect the IQ Brain Battery whenever not in use.
- Squeeze the latch at the end of the Robot Battery and push it out of the Brain slightly if not in use but charging is unnecessary.