This article is not viewable in your language. Please check back at a future date.
This article's translation was completed by machine translation. Please forgive any possible errors.
The following provides some general guidance for troubleshooting Sensors:
Step 1: Navigate to Device Info on the VEX IQ Robot Brain.
- Turn on the Brain and go to Device Info.
Step 2: Find the Sensor and its Smart Port.
- Turn on the Brain and VEX IQ Controller and run the Driver Control Program.
- Click here to view the article, “How to Pair the VEX IQ Robot Brain with the VEX IQ Controller for Wireless Operation”.
- Click here to view the article, “How to Use the Driver Control Program.”
Does the Sensor work at all?
- Test the Sensor.
- Click here to view the article, “How to Use the Sensors Program in the Demos Folder.”
- If no:
- Ensure the Smart Cables are fully seated by pressing until an audible click is heard.
- Try replacing the Smart Cables with new ones.
- Click here to view the article, “How to Connect VEX IQ Devices to Smart Ports.”
If the Smart Cables were not inserted fully, but now they are, re-try the Driver Control Program. The display on the Brain should show “Running” followed by a counting timer.
- Does the display shows “Stopped”, “Update Needed” or “I2C error detected”?
- Click here to view the article, “How to Fix Displayed Error Messages on the VEX IQ Brain.”