This article will walk you through how to mount the Field Control System to the V5 Portable Competition Field.
1. Gather hardware
- Driver interface - Qty 2
- Match controller - Qty 1
- Nylock nuts - Qty 6
- 8-32 Screw between 0.5” & 2.0” long - Qty 6
2. Determine location to attach driver interfaces
- Determine the red & blue drivers stations.
- The driver interfaces should be mounted near the drivers stations.
- The driver interfaces can be attached to any T-connector section of the field.
Note: The following steps (#3-5) can be followed to attach the three control systems to the field.
3. Un-pop the short extrusion from both the top and bottom T-connectors.
- Place nylock nuts into the nut pockets in the T-connectors.
- Then re-pop the extrusion onto the connectors.
Note: ensure the nylock nuts are inserted in the correct orientation.
4. Attach the driver interface to the short extrusion using two 8-32 screws.
- Ensure the screws are fully tightened and the driver interface is secure.
5. Determine location to attach the match controller.
- Find the location closest to the computer that will be used to control matches.
- Mount the match controller in the same orientation shown in the steps above
6. Wire the field.
- Follow the diagram shown in the VEXnet Field Control System User Guide.