The Drive program is a default program built into the VEX EXP Robot Brain so it can be used with Smart Motors, Sensors, and the VEX EXP Controller without programming. The Drive program maps the Controller’s joysticks and buttons to control specific Smart Ports on the Brain.
Step 1: Check that the Smart Ports are properly wired.
|Smart Port Number||Device Type||Functionality|
|1||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick A|
|2||N/A||Can be used for a distance sensor|
|3||Smart Motor||Turns using L buttons|
|4||Smart Motor||Turns using R buttons|
|5||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick D|
|6||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick A|
|7||N/A||Can be used for a distance sensor|
|8||Smart Motor||Use Up/Down buttons|
|9||Smart Motor||Use A/B buttons|
|10||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick D|
- Check that Smart Ports 1-10 have the correct types of devices listed in the table above. Note that not ALL devices in all 10 ports have to be connected in order for this program to run. The above is an example list of which devices could be used in which ports.
- Check that the Controller is wirelessly connected.
NOTE: To review how to connect devices to Smart Ports properly, see this article.
Step 2: Find and Run the Drive program
- Power on the Brain
- Highlight the Drive program and press the Check button to select Drive.
- Highlight Run and press the Check button to run the program.
- Use the Controller to move the robot.