The VR HEXBUG nano in VEXcode VR is equipped with sensing capabilities, various controls, and differing physical features.
VR HEXBUG nano Controls
The VR nano has the following controls:
- A drivetrain with a built-in gyro. This enables the “Drivetrain” category of commands in the Toolbox of VEXcode VR.
- The VR nano can pick up food and eat it or carry it around Planet HEXBUG.
- Because enemies can be found throughout Planet HEXBUG, the VR nano has the ability to attack enemies. Attacking may be beneficial in some these scenarios:
- To gather the food enemies are protecting
- To collect energy from defeating enemies
- In defense if an enemy has sensed the VR nano
- For more information on attacking enemies, see this article.
VR HEXBUG nano Physical Attributes
The VR nano has the following physical attributes:
- The VR nano is approximately 450 millimeters (mm) long and 150 millimeters (mm) wide.
- The color of the VR nano indicates what level you currently are at in the Planet HEXBUG Playground.
- Level 1: Blue
- Level 2: Black
- Level 3: Orange
- Level 4: Red
- Level 5: Purple
- To learn more about leveling up, see this article.
VR HEXBUG nano Sensing
The VR nano has the following sensing capabilities:
- A Distance Sensor that returns the distance of a detected object in millimeters (mm) and inches.
- A Location Sensor that reports the VR nano's position. This is done with (X,Y) coordinates in millimeters (mm).
- Built-in AI technology for smelling food and enemies, and seeing food, obstacles, home, and enemies.
- Additional sensing capabilities include:
- Ability to detect when the VR nano is under attack
- Ability to report the amount of food stored at home
To learn more about the VR nano’s AI, see this article.