Using VEX IQ (1st generation)? See this article.
The Drive program is a default program built into the VEX IQ Robot Brain so it can be used with Smart Motors, Bumper Switches, and the VEX IQ Controller without programming. The Drive program maps the Controller’s joysticks and buttons to control specific Smart Ports on the Brain.
Step 1: Check that the Smart Ports are properly wired.
|Smart Port Number||Device Type||Functionality|
|1||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick A|
|2||Bumper Switch||Stops R Down button from turning Smart Motor in Port 4|
|3||Bumper Switch||Stops R Up button from turning Smart Motor in Port 4|
|4||Smart Motor||Turns using R buttons|
|5||Smart Motor||Turns using F buttons|
|6||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick D|
|7||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick A|
|8||Bumper Switch||Stops L Down button from turning Smart Motor in Port 10|
|9||Bumper Switch||Stops L Up button from turning Smart Motor in Port 10|
|10||Smart Motor||Turns using L buttons|
|11||Smart Motor||Turns using E buttons|
|12||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick D|
- Check that Smart Ports 1-12 have the correct types of devices listed in the table above. Note that not ALL devices in all 12 ports have to be connected in order for this program to run. The above is an example list of which devices could be used in which ports.
- Check that the Controller is wirelessly connected.
NOTE: To review how to connect devices to Smart Ports properly, see this article.
Step 2: Find and Run the Drive program
- Power on the Brain
- Highlight the Drive program and press the Check button to select Drive.
- Highlight Run and press the Check button to run the program.
- Use the Controller to move the robot.