Using the C++ Autocomplete feature while creating a C++ project in VEXcode IQ can help save time and prevent errors when typing commands.
The following article will cover:
- How to Use the C++ Autocomplete Feature
How to Use the C++ Autocomplete Feature
Note: This project uses the Clawbot (Drivetrain, 2-motor) template.
Begin typing to open the selection menu.
The device or command name will appear in a drop down selection menu.
To access a list of the possible commands available using the Autocomplete function, press Control + Space (on Windows, macOS, and Chrome OS).
Make a Selection with the C++ Autocomplete Feature
Press “Enter/Return” or “Tab” on your keyboard or select the command with your cursor to make a selection.
Note that with longer selection menus, you can make a selection using one of the following options:
- Use your “Up” and “Down” keys to select the name you want, then press “Tab” or “Enter/Return” on your keyboard to make the selection.
- Use your cursor to scroll up and down in the Autocomplete menu. Then make the desired selection.
Add a Dot Operator to List all the Commands Available to that Device
Adding a dot operator (a period, “.”) will open a new menu of all commands available to the device.
Make a Selection by Using One of the Following Options
- Use the “Up” and “Down” buttons on your keyboard to navigate the menu and then press “Return" on Mac, “Enter" on Windows or Chromebook to make a selection.
- Select with your cursor on the desired command.
Parameters are the options that are passed to the command between the parenthesis.
Some commands require multiple parameters. Use a comma to separate different parameters in the same command.
Some parameters are optional, such as the true in the following example. For more information about parameters, view the command’s Help information to determine which parameters are needed, and which are optional.