Using the Python Autocomplete feature while creating a Python project in VEXcode V5 can help save time and prevent errors when typing commands.
The following article will cover:
- How to Use Python Autocomplete Feature
How to Use Python Autocomplete Feature
Note: This project uses the Clawbot (Drivetrain, 2-motor, No Gyro) template.
Begin typing to open the selection menu.
The device or command name will appear in a drop down selection menu.
To access a list of the possible commands available using the Autocomplete function, press Control + Space (on Windows, macOS, and Chrome OS).
Make a Selection with the Python Autocomplete Feature
Press “Enter/Return” or “Tab” on your keyboard or select the command with your cursor to make a selection.
Note that with longer selection menus, you can make a selection using one of the following options:
- Use your “Up” and “Down” keys to select the name you want, then press “Tab” or “Enter/Return” on your keyboard to make the selection.
- Use your cursor to scroll up and down in the Autocomplete menu. Then make the desired selection.
Add a Dot Operator to List all the Commands Available to that Device
Adding a dot operator (a period, “.”) will open a new menu of all commands available to the device.
Make a Selection by Using One of the Following Options
- Use the “Up” and “Down” buttons on your keyboard to navigate the menu and then press “Return" on Mac, “Enter" on Windows or Chromebook to make a selection.
- Select with your cursor on the desired command.
Parameters are the options that are passed to the command between the parenthesis.
Some commands require multiple parameters. Use a comma to separate different parameters in the same command.
Some parameters are optional, such as the wait=True in the following example. For more information about parameters, view the command’s Help information to determine which parameters are needed, and which are optional.