VEXos is a robotics operating system that harnesses the flexibility and power of VEX hardware for both the rigors of competition and the diverse needs of education. This operating system, written completely by VEX, uses real-time processing for repeatable operation at the fastest possible speeds. Students can get started programming quickly due to VEXcode's tightly coupled programming environment.
VEXos eliminates the complexities and continuously changing nature of commercial operating systems such as Linux and Android. By not using these commercial operating systems, VEXos does not require large amount of flash, RAM, and expensive processors. This reduces cost and complexity, simplifies user programming, and greatly improves performance and repeatability.
- Smart sensors identification, communication, and updates
- Checks to ensure your program matches the robots wiring
- Battery power distribution and monitoring
- Communication via VEXnet, BluetoothⓇ, USB, and tether
- VEXcode integration
- Multi-core processor support
- Graphical user interface with touch input
- Multi-language support
- Sensor data collection
- User program data access
- File system & memory management
- Diagnostics and event logging
- Hardware APIs
- Software libraries