Get more with VEXcode
We recommend you transition to our new software. VEXcode has both block-based and text-based options, that work on Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, Windows and Macs. Visit code.vex.com for more details on how to download VEXcode.
VEX Coding studio has been discontinued and is no longer available for download. Already downloaded? The program will continue to function but will no longer be supported.
Users who transition to VEXcode can migrate their C++/C++ Pro projects to VEXcode Pro V5 by following this article.
Step 1: Open VEX Coding Studio and open (or create) your program
- Use VEX Coding Studio to create a program or open an already existing program.
NOTE: If the program has already been downloaded to the V5 Robot Brain, you can skip to Step 4.
Step 2: Connect the V5 Robot Brain to your computer using the provided USB A to Micro Cable
- Connect the V5 Robot Brain, a charged V5 Battery, and your computer.
- Power on the V5 Robot Brain.
Step 3: Download the program to the V5 Robot Brain
- Click the Brain selection icon and highlight your connected V5 Robot Brain to ensure VCS recognizes there is a V5 Robot Brain plugged in and the firmware is up to date.
- Click outside the selection window to close it, then click the Download button.
Step 4: Run your program on your V5 Robot Brain
- Click the Run button in VEX Coding Studio to run the program while the robot is still connected to your computer.
NOTE: Be careful - if the robot will be moving, it could pull on the USB Cable! You may want to support the robot on something so it will not move.