Get more with VEXcode
We recommend you transition to our new software. VEXcode has both block-based and text-based options, that work on Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, Windows and Macs. Visit code.vex.com for more details on how to download VEXcode.
VEX Coding studio has been discontinued and is no longer available for download. Already downloaded? The program will continue to function but will no longer be supported.
Users who transition to VEXcode can migrate their C++/C++ Pro projects toVEXcode Pro V5 by following this article.
Step 1: Connect the Limit Switch to the V5 Robot Brain using a 3-Wire Port
- Connect the Limit Switch to one of the 3-Wire Ports on the V5 Robot Brain.
Step 2: Navigate to the Robot configuration window
- Open VCS.
- Click on the Robot tab.
Step 3: Add a Limit Switch to the Robot Configuration Page
- Drag a Limit Switch from the frame on the left into the Robot Configuration pane.
Step 4: Assign a Limit Switch to a 3-Wire Port
- Click on the the Limit Switch, then click on the letter to select the port.
- Designate the 3-Wire Port you wish to assign by clicking on the letter on the V5 Robot Brain that appears next to the device.
Step 5: Rename the sensor
- Rename the device with a descriptive term like "Limit Switch" by selecting the text with the default name in the top left corner of the device and replacing it with a name of your choice.