Step 1: Gather the required components
- Gather the following items:
- Micro USB cable
- V5 Robot Brain connected to a charged V5 Robot Battery
Step 2: Connect the USB cable to the V5 Robot Brain
- Connect the V5 Robot Brain to a computer using the Micro USB cable.
- Make sure the brain is connected to a charged battery and turned on.
Step 3: Connect the USB cable to a computer
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer's USB port.
Step 4: Open VEX Coding Studio and then open the Select Brain menu
- Notice the orange box in the upper-right corner indicating that the brain needs to be updated.
- Click on the Brain icon in the upper-left corner of the screen to open the Brain menu.
Step 5: Click to Update Now and wait for a success message
- Click "Update Now" in the Brain menu.
- Wait for the update to complete. Do not disconnect the brain or close VCS during the update process.
Step 6: When VCS indicates success, restart the V5 Robot Brain
- Hold the Power button on the brain until it powers down.
- Press the Power button again to start it back up.
Step 7: Complete any additional updates after restarting
- Press OK to have any updates on the brain proceed.
NOTE: The brain will return to its Home screen when done.
Step 8: See that firmware is up-to-date
NOTE: You can see in VCS that the firmware is up-to-date because there is no Update Needed warning in orange at the upper-right corner, and the version displayed is the most recent.
NOTE: You can also verify that the firmware has been updated by looking at the brain. Go to the Devices Menu, select the brain, and notice the version that is displayed on the screen.