Step 1: Collect the parts you will need
The parts needed are:
- (1) 90-Degree Gusset Plate from the 90-Degree Gusset Set (276-2577)
- (1) Angle Gusset from the Gusset Pack (276-1110)
- (2) 1.00" Standoff from the 1.00" Standoff (10-pack) (275-1016)
- (8) #8-32 x 3/8" Star Drive Screw from the #8-32 x 3/8" Star Drive Screw (100-pack) (276-4991)
Step 2: Attach the Mount to the Top of the V5 Claw
- Attach the Angle Gusset to the two 1.00” Standoffs using two #8-32 x 3/8" Star Drive Screws.
- Next, Attach the 1.00” Standoffs to the 90-Degree Gusset Plate using two #8-32 x 3/8" Star Drive Screws from the bottom of the Plate.
- Attach the 90-Degree Gusset Plate to the top of the Claw using two #8-32 x 3/8" Star Drive Screws.
NOTE: Other sensors can use the same mounting method.
Step 3: Attach the Vision Sensor
- Use the screwdriver to secure the Angle Gusset into the back of the Vision Sensor by using two #8-32 x 3/8" Star Drive Screws.
- Bend the Angle Gusset down so that the Vision Sensor is at the desired angle.
- Use a Smart Cable to connect the Vision Sensor to a Smart Port on the V5 Robot Brain.
NOTE: When mounting the Vision Sensor, ensure that it is upright and horizontal in order to avoid coding issues.