Step 1: Navigate to the devices view on your V5 Brain
- With your V5 Brain powered on and on the home screen, select the Devices icon.
Step 2: Select the Brain
- Select the Brain icon from the list of devices.
Step 3: Identify the firmware version on the V5 Brain
- Make a note of the version of the firmware running on your V5 Brain. You will need to compare this to the latest version which you will find in the next step.
Step 4: Find the latest VEXos version
- Navigate to the EDR Firmware page on the VEX Robotics website.
- Locate the current VEXos version and compare it with the version running on your V5 Brain.
NOTE: You can also verify that the firmware has been updated by looking at the brain. Go to the Devices Menu, select the brain, and notice the version that is displayed on the screen.
Step 1: Gather the Required Components
- A battery charged more than 50%
- A working Micro-USB cable
- The battery connection to the brain needs to be secure
Step 2: Connect the USB cable to the V5 Robot Brain
- Connect the V5 Robot Brain to a computer using the Micro USB cable.
- Make sure the brain is connected to a charged battery and turned on.
Step 3: Connect the USB Cable to a Computer
- Connect the other end of the USB cable to the computer's USB port.
Step 4: Turn on the Brain by Pressing the Power Button until the Screen comes On
NOTE: If it’s taking more than 5 seconds, it’s a good indication that your battery isn’t properly charged. Please make sure that it has more than 50% charge to avoid an interruption while the firmware is updating because that could cause damage to the Brain.
At this point, the brain icon will glow green with a warning triangle on your VEXcode V5 Text application.
Step 5: Click the Brain Icon and a Menu will Open Prompting to “Update" the Firmware
Once you click “Update,” you will get the following screen.
Once it’s done updating, you will get the following screen.
Step 6: Turn the Brain Off and Back On
The following screen stating that the firmware has been updated will show after the Brain turns back on.