This article is not viewable in your language. Please check back at a future date.
This article's translation was completed by machine translation. Please forgive any possible errors.
The 1-Post Hex Nut Retainer provides two points of contact for connecting one piece of structural metal to another piece using one screw and nut. One end of the retainer contains a post which is sized and shaped to securely fit into the square hole of a structural metal component. The other end of the retainer is sized and slotted to securely fit a hex nut, allowing a #8-32 screw to be tightened without the need of a wrench to hold the nut.
How to assemble the retainer:
- Insert a #8-32 Hex Nut into the center slot of the 1-Post Hex Nut Retainer.
- Align the retainer on a structural metal component such that both ends are backed by the structural metal and it is positioned to attach the second piece of metal.
- Insert the square post extruding from the retainer through the square holes of the structural metal component and the metal piece which is being attached.
- Attach the retainer by inserting a #8-32 X 3/8" Screw through the square holes in both pieces of metal which aligns with the threads of the hex nut in the retainer.
Spin the screw to the right in order to thread it into the nut.
- Depending on the type of head on the screw, tighten the #8-32 screw with either a hex key or a star key.
Hex Nut Retainers can be purchased at https://www.vexrobotics.com/nut-retainers.html.