This article is not viewable in your language. Please check back at a future date.
This article's translation was completed by machine translation. Please forgive any possible errors.
The Controller can be charged with a USB Cable (the recommended method) or with a Tether Cable. This article will cover each of those charging methods.
Charging a Controller Battery with a USB Cable
Connect the Controller to a Computer or other USB power source.
- Connect the microUSB to the Controller’s Charge port and the USB to the computer or other USB power source.
- Ensure the Controller is turned on.
NOTE: The Controller can also be charged by connecting the USB cable to a USB wall adapter.
Charging a Controller Battery with a Tether Cable
- Tether the Controller to the VEX IQ Robot Brain.
- Connect one end of the Tether Cable to the powered-off Brain with a charged VEX IQ Robot Battery and the other end to the Controller.
- Listen for the “click” when the Tether Cable is inserted into the Controller and Brain to confirm that the Tether Cable is attached securely.
NOTE: Charging the Controller this way is will partially deplete the Robot Battery’s charge.
- Turn on the Brain to begin charging.
NOTE: There are three possible colors for the Charge/Game LED: green, red, and gray.
|Charge / Game LED Color||Status|
|Solid Green||Controller Battery is completely charged|
|Solid Red||Controller Battery charge in progress|
|Blinking Red||Controller Battery fault|