Charging a Controller Battery with a USB Cable
Connect the Controller to a Computer or other USB power source.
- Connect the microUSB to the Controller’s Charge port and the USB to the computer or other USB power source.
- Ensure the Controller is turned on.
NOTE: The Controller can also be charged by connecting the USB cable to a USB wall adapter.
NOTE: Charging the Controller with a USB cable is the preferred charging method.
Charging a Controller Battery with a Tether Cable
Step 1: Tether the Controller to the VEX IQ Robot Brain.
- Connect one end of the Tether Cable to the powered-off Brain with a charged VEX IQ Robot Battery and the other end to the Controller.
- Listen for the “click” when the Tether Cable is inserted into the Controller and Brain to confirm that the Tether Cable is attached securely.
NOTE: Charging the Controller this way is not the preferred way of charging and will partially deplete the Robot Battery’s charge.
Step 2: Turn on the Brain to begin charging.
- Click here for more information about turning on the Brain.
See the table below to understanding the Charge/Game Indicator Lights on the Controller:
NOTE: There are three possible colors for the Charge / Game LED: green, red, and gray.
|Charge / Game LED Color||Status|
|Solid Green||Controller Battery is completely charged|
|Solid Red||Controller Battery charge in progress|
|Blinking Red||Controller Battery fault|