Step 1: Gather the required components
- You will need the following items:
- a V5 Robot Brain
- a 3-Wire device
Step 2: Locate the 3-Wire Ports
- The 3-Wire Ports are located on the side of the V5 Brain opposite the side with the battery connection.
- The V5 brain has a total of eight 3-Wire ports, labeled A-H, which can all be used as inputs or outputs that can be used with VEX EDR 3-wire legacy sensors and motor controllers.
Step 3: Connect the 3-Wire device.
- Insert the 3-Wire cable(s) into the desired port(s). The ports are keyed so you can only plug the cable in one way.
- If you are using 3-Wire extensions, make sure the black wires are always connected to prevent connecting the device incorrectly.