Get more with VEXcode
We recommend you transition to our new software. VEXcode has both block-based and text-based options, that work on Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, Windows and Macs. Visit code.vex.com for more details on how to download VEXcode.
VEX Coding studio has been discontinued and is no longer available for download. Already downloaded? The program will continue to function but will no longer be supported.
Users who transition to VEXcode can migrate their C++/C++ Pro projects to VEXcode Text by following this article.
Step 1: Visit the VEX Coding Studio Command Reference
- Check the version information in the lower right.
- Select a language to review by using the appropriate language selector button.
Step 2: Click or tap the version information to open the version history
- Review the changes listed to see what commands have been added or modified.
Step 3: Check your version of VEX Coding Studio
- Open VEX Coding Studio.
- Compare the version number in the lower right corner of VEX Coding Studio (VCS) to the VCS version number on the command reference page.
NOTE: The VEX Coding Studio Command Reference is kept up-to-date with the latest version of VCS.
Step 4: Update VEX Coding Studio if you do not have the most up-to-date version
- Reach the screen shown above by starting a new project in VEX Coding Studio, or by closing and reopening the VEX Coding Studio application.
- Click the Download Now link on the left side of the New Project screen in VEX Coding Studio.