This article is not viewable in your language. Please check back at a future date.
This article's translation was completed by machine translation. Please forgive any possible errors.
Get more with VEXcode
We recommend you transition to our new software. VEXcode has both block-based and text-based options, that work on Chromebooks, iPads, Android tablets, Windows and Macs. Visit code.vex.com for more details on how to download VEXcode.
VEX Coding studio has been discontinued and is no longer available for download. Already downloaded? The program will continue to function but will no longer be supported.
Users who transition to VEXcode can migrate their C++/C++ Pro projects to VEXcode Pro V5 by following this article.
Step 1: Connect the V5 Smart Motor to the V5 Robot Brain
- Plug the Smart Cable into a V5 Smart Port.
Step 2: Navigate to the Robot Configuration window
- Open VCS.
- Click on the Robot tab.
Step 3: Add a motor
- Drag the V5 Smart Motor from the frame on the left to the Robot configuration pane.
Step 4: Assign the V5 Smart Motor to a V5 Smart Port
- Click on the V5 Smart Motor, then click on the number to select a port.
- Designate the V5 Smart Port you wish to assign by clicking on the number on the V5 Robot Brain that appears next to the device.
Step 5: Rename the motor
- Rename the motor by selecting the text with the default name and replacing it with the name of your choice (LEFTMOTOR, CLAWMOTOR, etc...)
Step 6: Configure the gear setting
- Click on the cog (gear) symbol to display Motor Settings.
- Click on one of the circular dots to select the correct color-coded gear ratio for the Planetary Gear Cartridge in your motor.
Step 7: Configure the spin of the motor
- If necessary, click to check the Reversed box to reverse the default direction that the V5 Smart Motor spins in.