Step 1: Gather the required components
- You will need the following items to complete this process:
- V5 Robot Brain connected to a charged V5 Robot Battery
- V5 Controller
- V5 Robot Radio
- 2 Smart Cables
Step 2: Connect the Controller to the V5 Robot Brain using a Smart Cable
- Connect a Smart Cable to one of the Smart Ports on the rear of the V5 Controller and to any Smart Port on the V5 Robot Brain.
- Power on the brain.
- The controller should automatically turn on when the brain is powered on and they are connected via a Smart Cable.
Step 3: Check the V5 Controller and V5 Robot Brain synchronization
- Wait for the devices to indicate they are connected.
- The image above shows a typical indication of the lack of connection.
Step 4: Connect the V5 Robot Radio
- Next, connect the V5 Robot Radio to the V5 Robot Brain.
- The radio is necessary for a wireless connection. The radio can also be connected to any Smart Port.
Step 5: Verify a wired link
- When the V5 Robot Brain and V5 Controller are connected with a V5 Smart Cable, they will show wired connection indicator icons.
Step 6: Set the Radio mode
- Navigate to the Settings menu to change the Radio setting.
- Set the radio to VEXnet by tapping on the Radio setting.
NOTE: If the Radio mode is already set to VEXnet, skip Step 7.
Step 7: Accept the alert
- Press OK when this warning appears when changing the Radio setting.
NOTE: Although the warning is about Bluetooth, it also applies to the VEXnet setting.
Step 8: Verify the wireless connection
- Disconnect the Smart Cable connecting the controller and brain to see the symbols indicating the wireless connection.
- Use the controller to communicate with the brain wirelessly.
NOTE: When the wireless connection is successful, the Radio will blink red.