This article is not viewable in your language. Please check back at a future date.
This article's translation was completed by machine translation. Please forgive any possible errors.
Using VEX IQ (2nd generation)? See this article.
The Driver Control Program is a default program built into the VEX IQ Robot Brain so it can be used with Smart Motors, Bumper Switches, and the VEX IQ Controller without programming. The Driver Control Program maps the Controller’s joysticks and buttons to control specific Smart Ports on the Brain.
Step 1: Check that the Smart Ports are properly wired.
|Smart Port Number||Device Type||Functionality|
|1||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick A|
|2||Bumper Switch||Stops R Down button from turning Smart Motor in Port 4|
|3||Bumper Switch||Stops R Up button from turning Smart Motor in Port 4|
|4||Smart Motor||Turns using R buttons|
|5||Smart Motor||Turns using F buttons|
|6||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick D|
|7||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick A|
|8||Bumper Switch||Stops L Down button from turning Smart Motor in Port 10|
|9||Bumper Switch||Stops L Up button from turning Smart Motor in Port 10|
|10||Smart Motor||Turns using L buttons|
|11||Smart Motor||Turns using E buttons|
|12||Smart Motor||Turns using Joystick D|
- Check that Smart Ports 1-12 have the correct types of devices listed in the table above.
- Check that the Controller is wirelessly connected.
NOTE: To review how to connect devices to Smart Ports properly, click here.
Step 2: Find and Run the Driver Control program
- After powering on the Brain, highlight and press the Check button to select Driver Control.
- Highlight and press the Check button to Run the program.
- Use the Controller to move the robot. Click here to view the article on how to pair the Controller with the Brain.