For a complete list of all of the parts within the VEX IQ Super Kit, click this link and review the Kit Contents listed toward the bottom of the page.
This article will guide you through preparing a few things in order to use your kit successfully. You need to:
- Prepare a charged IQ Battery to power the robot
- Identify the IQ Robot Battery, the IQ Robot Battery Charger, and the IQ Battery Cable
- Know how to charge the battery
- Recognize the IQ Battery’s Indicator Lights
- Know the best practices for preserving the life of the IQ battery
- Know how to connect the battery to the brain
- Have the USB Cable ready for downloading projects to the robot
- Recognize the differences between the USB Cable and IQ Smart Cables
- Check the brain’s status in VEXcode IQ Blocks
- Know how to download projects to the robot
Prepare a Charged IQ Robot Battery to Power the Robot
- In order to use your robot, you will need to have a battery charged and ready. Find the IQ Robot Battery, the IQ Robot Battery Charger, and the Battery Charger Power Cord. All three are shown.
- Follow the steps in this article to charge the battery.
- For more information about how to read the Battery Charger's indicator lights, read this article.
- For tips for extending the life of the battery, read this article.
- Follow the steps in this article to connect the battery to the IQ Robot Brain.
- To test that the battery has been properly charged and connected to the brain, follow the steps in this article for turning on the VEX IQ Robot Brain.
Have the USB Cable Ready for Downloading Projects to the Robot
- In order to download projects to the robot’s brain, to update firmware, and to complete some other optional tasks (e.g., configuring the Vision Sensor), you will need to connect the robot or parts of the robot (the Controller, the Vision Sensor) to your computer via a USB Cable. Use the provided image to compare and recognize the differences between the USB Cable and the Smart Cables.
- Connect the larger USB into your computer and the micro USB into the VEX IQ Robot Brain.
- When you have VEXcode IQ Blocks installed and the powered-on brain connected to the computer, follow the steps in this article to check the status of the brain's firmware.
- If it needs to be updated, follow the steps in this article.
- Follow the steps in this article to download projects to the robot via the USB Cable.