When you get your VEX IQ Kit, there are a few things you can do to get yourself started. This article will cover the basics of getting ready to use VEX IQ.
- Charge and Install Your VEX IQ Brain Battery
- Prepare Your VEX IQ Controller
- Update Firmware with VEXos
- Download VEXcode IQ
Charge and Install Your VEX IQ Brain Battery
In order to use your robot, you will need to have a battery charged and ready.
Prepare Your VEX IQ Controller
- Install the battery into your Controller. Follow the steps in this article to install your battery.
- Charge your VEX IQ Controller. Follow the steps in this article to learn how to charge your VEX IQ Controller.
Update Firmware with VEXos
Download VEXos Utility to update the firmware of your VEX IQ devices. Each update of VEXcode IQ will require the latest version of the VEXos firmware installed on the Brain before projects can be downloaded.
- Download VEXos Utility to your computer.
Download VEXcode IQ
After charging all batteries and updating the firmware on your VEX IQ devices, you are ready to begin coding. VEXcode IQ is the perfect platform for those new to coding. Students use the simple drag and drop interface to create functioning programs. Each block's purpose can easily be identified using the visual cues like its shape, color, and label.
To install VEXcode IQ, visit code.vex.com and select 'Download.'
Then, select the button that matches your device, and download the app onto your device.