Note: Images in this article show a VEX IQ (1st generation) Controller, follow the same steps for installing batteries in a VEX IQ (2nd generation) Controller.
- Have the following ready to install the Controller Battery:
- VEX IQ Controller
- VEX IQ Controller Battery
- Phillips screwdriver
- Open the Controller Battery door.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to loosen the screw and remove the battery door.
Note: The VEX IQ (2nd generation) Controller has 2 screws.
- Place the battery inside the Controller.
- Keep the printed side of the Controller Battery face up and align the negative (-) and positive (+) markers with the markers inside of the Controller.
- Slide the battery into the Controller while keeping it below the plastic tab on the right near the positive and negative markers.
- Replace the Controller Battery door.
- Replace the battery door and screw it back into place.