Step 1: Gather what you will need.
- Have the following ready to install the Controller Battery:
- VEX IQ Controller
- VEX IQ Controller Battery
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 2: Open the Controller Battery door.
- Use the Phillips screwdriver to loosen the screw and remove the battery door.
Step 3: Place the Battery inside of the Controller.
- Keep the printed side of the Controller Battery face up and align the negative (-) and positive (+) markers with the markers inside of the Controller.
- Slide the battery into the Controller while keeping it below the plastic tab on the right near the positive and negative markers.
NOTE: If you want to install the Controller’s VEX IQ Radio, you might insert it now before putting the battery door back on.
Step 4: Replace the Controller Battery door.
- Replace the battery door and screw it back into place.