When developing a VEX Project in the VS Code Editor area, we can access documentation for a specific function included in the C++ and Python API (Application Programming Interface) through VEX Command Help or Tooltip Hint. This documentation helps us understand the structure and usage of the function, and assist us with debugging. The documentation is specific to each VEX Platform(IQ 2nd, EXP, V5).
Accessing VEX Command Help
- Highlight the text of the function that you want to know information about, and right-click the mouse on the selected text.
- The Context Menu will prompt. Click on the VEX Command Help item.
- If VEX Command Help finds an exact match, the VEX Command Help window will prompt with relevant documentation.
- If VEX Command Help finds multiple documents that match the selected text, the VEX Command Help Drop-down Menu will prompt with a filtered list of the relevant functions.
- (Optional) Type the keyword of the specific function in the Text Box if you want to filter the relevant functions.
- Click on the list item of the specific function that you want to know information about.
- The VEX Command Help window will prompt with relevant documentation.
Accessing Tooltip in VS Code
- Hover the mouse over the text of the function you want to know information about.
- The Tooltip Box will pop up with the information on the specific function.